Tips for Welding Thin Stainless Steel Pipe by Argon Arc Welding
The arc combustion of argon arc welding equipment is stable, the heat is concentrated, the arc column temperature is high, the welding production efficiency is high, the heat-affected zone is narrow, and the welded parts have small stress, deformation and crack tendency; argon arc welding is open arc welding, operation, It is easy to observe; the electrode loss is small, the arc length is easy to maintain, and there is no flux or coating during welding, so it is easy to realize mechanization and automation; argon arc welding can weld almost all metals, especially some refractory metals and easily oxidized metals, such as magnesium , Titanium, molybdenum, zirconium, aluminum, etc. and their alloys; limited by the position of the weldment, all-position welding can be performed. When welding pipes by manual arc welding, it is easy to have defects such as impermeability, slag inclusion, and pores.
The technique of argon arc welding for thin stainless steel pipes with the industrial pipe equipment is to minimize the gap between the weldments.
1. The thermal conductivity of thin stainless steel pipe is poor and it is easy to burn through directly; there is no need to fill the welding wire during welding, so that the base material can be directly fused.
2. The welding thickness range of argon arc welding also has limitations in practice. If it is less than 0.5 MM, do not use argon arc welding. If you want to fill the welding wire, the welding wire must be fine, 0.8 mm, and the current should be smaller and small enough to dissolve. Welding wire, about 30 A, the welding machine is different, adjust the current size according to different welding machines.
3. For thin-walled pipes, the welding speed must be fast, the faster the better, the smaller the deformation, the better the welding effect, and the better the water cooling effect. Welding machines are also particular, and inverter DC welding machines are generally selected, and the flow rate is relatively stable.
4. Argon purity, flow rate and argon flow time also need attention. The purity of argon must be greater than 99.99%. The role of argon gas is mainly to prevent oxidation caused by the erosion of the molten pool by air during the welding process, and at the same time to effectively isolate the weld area to protect the weld area and improve the welding performance.
5. Tungsten electrode. A good tungsten electrode has a vital influence on the welding effect. The surface of the tungsten electrode must be smooth, and the ends must be sharpened and have good concentricity. This method has good high-frequency arc ignition, good arc stability, deep molten pool, and stable molten pool; the weld seam is formed well and the welding quality is good. The surface of the tungsten electrode is burnt out or there are defects such as dirt, cracks, shrinkage, etc. on the surface. In this case, high-frequency arc ignition is difficult, arc is unstable, arc drift, molten pool dispersion, surface expansion, shallow penetration, weld seam Poor forming. Therefore, the quality of tungsten is very important when the stainless steel thin tube is welded with argon arc welding.
If you have any questions about the production process of stainless steel industrial welded pipes, please contact Hangao Tech (SEKO Machinery) for consultation. We have more than 20 years of experience in the production of stainless steel industrial welded tube making machinery, and have accumulated a large amount of user data and rich customer cases, which can help you get a huge improvement in production quality and yield!
Guangdong Hangao Technology Co., Ltd.
We are always providing our customers with reliable products and considerate services.
If you would like to keep touch with us directly, please go to contact us